Arctic Ice Blankie

IMG_1728  Another baby blanket is completed.  It was such a joy knitting this lightweight baby blanket.  It is worked in a simple garter stitch pattern.  I used Buttercream, Luxe Craft, Rainbow Boucle yarn–approximately 1.5 skeins (about 12 ounces of yarn).  The color is called Princess.  I love the pastel shades which makes me think of frozen snow cones.

I started this project on March 10 and finished it yesterday.  This blanket measures 44 inches by 45 inches.  I used size 8 circular knitting needles.  My cast on was 150 stitches.

The Charming Cavaliers Get New Outfits

With St. Patrick’s Day just around the corner, I thought I’d see if I could whip up an appropriate outfit for each of my Cavaliers.  The first outfit tackled was for our puppy, Ginger.  I purchased a baby’s bib at the 99 cents store. The bib says, “This is me being patient.”

I then rummaged through my remnant stash for a swatch that matched to add as a ruffle to the bottom of the bib.  Matching double fold bias tape was used to make the ties.

The reverse side of the dress.

Front of the bib.  

Here is what the finished outfit looks like.    Ginger is getting used to modeling.  I  think it turned out quite nicely for a spur-of-the-moment project.

Now, it was Bekah’s turn. Since Bekah is older, I thought I’d like to make an outfit without a ruffle. I was not quite sure where to begin.  So, I borrowed the idea for the pattern from the bib and sketched it out using Bekah’s measurements for her neck and abdomen.  To give it some body, I decided to make it reversible which simply means cutting two pieces and sewing them together. Ties were made using matching double-fold bias tape strips to secure the dress at her tummy. I did not want to use snaps or buttons so I used Velcro squares as fasteners.

Darker side.

The Lighter Side

I am so happy that this creation turned out so well.  Now, my fur babies are ready for St. Patrick’s Day.

Black Ink Afghan

  On December 23, 2016 while in Baltimore, MD for Christmas, I started this garter-stitched afghan for my son-in-law.  The finished measurements are 80 x 57 inches.  I used 6 skeins of Bernat Blanket, Super Bulky weight, in Black Ink.  I finished it earlier this week and mailed it out to him.  My goal was to get it completed by his birthday and I’m ahead of schedule.  So, Happy Birthday, Ben!