Scrub Campaign Alterations

My daughter asked me if I could come to her rescue. She realized that the scrub tops I previously sewed needed to have a little bit more ease to them. She needed the ease so her movements would not be restricted when helping to take care of the pet patients in their veterinarian clinic. There were three Halloween scrubs, one novelty print scrub and three Christmas scrubs. I tackled and finished alterations on the three Halloween scrub tops and the one novelty print scrub top. The Christmas ones will be done a bit later. Luckily, I still had remnants of the original fabric pieces so I added a band to each side seam. Here is an example of what the alterations look like.

????????????????????     This is what the finished project looks like when hung on a hanger. The side band is about 1.25 inches wide and runs the entire side seam.

????????????????????????  I put the finished scrub top on my sewing mmannequinto give me a better feel of how the band who lay.

Since I had additional fabric of the contrast, I added a band onto the side seam.

Since I had additional fabric of the contrast, I added a band onto the side seam.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: