Orange polka dot shift

In going through my idea book, I stumbled across a picture of a dress I had cut out and inserted as an idea for future use. back view--sheath

This pictured inspired the following:

button trimmed sheath

Fabric selected was a jersey knit. I drafted a shift pattern and altered the shoulder to make it more like that of the picture. Instead of drafting a full A-line skirt, I added an 1.5 inch to the straight skirt hemline. I then slashed the skirt pattern to add a more fluid fall. This dress looks like it has a yoke, but, it is a mock yoke. The braid trim was sewed on to create that effect. The back zipper is a lace zipper and was included more for a dramatic effect.

lace zipper

Four burnt orange buttons were added as trim to the front (mock) yoke.
button trimmed sheath

I had fun creating this one-of-a-kind dress.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: