New Sewing Room

Here is the room that has been designated as my sewing room. It is about 11 x 11. There is one window that will give me ample lighting.

Looks out onto Kelsford Drive

Looks out onto Kelsford Drive

I’ve decided to set up my sewing station around the perimeter of the room. Along with my cutting table.

The closet
This closet is perfect to hold my staking bins containing my notions and threads.

Hubby will have to install a few shelves on one wall. I will have to put wheels on my dress form to make her mobile. The ironing board set up will be a challenge.

Hope to be posting more showing-the-progress pics of my crafting hideaway.

Unpacking

We are in the third week in our new home. Live thus far gave me the perspective of life as hoarder. We were surrounded my mountains of boxes. We made a large dent in this condition. But, before I post pics of the finished product here is the slate that we started with.

The kitchen …
kitchen full view

Closer look at the kitchen counters …
Kitchen

We love the oak cabinets. We will be refinishing them and adding hardware.

We have a little eating nook … kitchen Nook

The family room …
Family Room & fireplace

The living room and dining room …
dining to living room

Relocation

Good news! We are now in our Las Vegas home.

approach Curb view

Camping out while waiting for the container with our furniture and belongings.

No crafting yet. Will resume shortly after I unpack my sewing machines.

Take care everyone.

Lantern Tote

Finished Lantern Tote 2

Here is the finished product. It was made with 100% cotton twine. It took 3 spools each of 176 yards. I used a Size D crochet hook. The bottom is made of single crochet stitches in the round. The pattern is a star or margarette pattern. Each star section consist of 4 rows separated by a band of three rows of single crochet.

This tote came out bigger(wider) than I thought.

This is what it look like after the first section of the star pattern Lantern tote side

lantern tote interior

Finished Lantern Tote

I’m think it will make a great bag for my needlework.

Lemon Tank Top

crocheted tank top side view

Finally completed my crocheted tank top. Using crochet thread from my stash, I selected this lemon color knit cro-sheen. This top was done in double strand and is worked from the bottom up.

Crochet tank top

Here is what the process looks like–this picture shows the completed back the the hemline of the front piece.

In progress--back done and front in pgrogress

In progress–back done and front in pgrogress

Here are a few pictures showing the details of the pattern.

Yoke Trim with Shoulder Strap

Yoke Trim with Shoulder Strap

crocheted tank top hem trim

Pastel Top

Wanted to make a summer top for one of my daughters. Since I’m in a crocheting mood, I made another crocheted yoke top. The basic yoke is the same; however, I changed the edging.

yoke close up

The edging contains a three-row fan pattern–wherein the last row of the fan is made with popcorn stitch. The original pattern calls for this pattern to be repeated one more time. Because I worked in knit cro-sheen I worked in double strand. I wanted a richer texture. As I was running low on thread, I altered the yoke pattern by crocheting two rows of sc, ch3, sc. My last row was done in a single strand and consists of 5 dc fan.

varigated pastel yoke

I then altered a simple t-shirt pattern by making narrower shoulder seams. I used a cotton knit for the body. All edges were serged. Armholes and neckline were done in a simple folder over hem. The yoke was attached at the neckline with a row of machine stitching.

finished top

close up--top

Jeans Skirt

Whipped up two jeans skirts this week. One was made using the yoke pattern style I did earlier. Did not line the jeans skirt.

I had enough fabric left over for a second skirt so I made a simple A-line skirt with waist darts (front and back).

jeans skirt

Now, my summer wardrobe is growing.

Previous Older Entries

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.